Friday, April 20, 2007

Sweet Supported Dreams

Our new mattress will arrive today between 5pm and 7pm. I'm excited. Really. It's a very swank mattress. A pillow top. J got himself a foam pillow as well. I personally want to choke down vomit when I think about how much mattresses cost but, we got a pretty good deal on this one. To those who think I should be spending my money on other things, like say travel, let me state for the record that our current mattress can no longer really be called firm support or even medium or light support. It has been providing no support. A very unsupportive mattress and sagging box spring. My hope is that the new mattress will take away my morning aches and pains and prove that they haven't been caused by my body's natural deterioration but are the fault of the mattress. I won't even think about my having had slept on a futon for over 10 years with no ill effects. Or that I have decided to get a blow up mattress for our tent this summer because the thought of sleeping on the ground makes me hurt even more. Every body deserves support.

No comments: