Thursday, April 19, 2007

Blue Skies Have Arrived


What a beautiful day! Spring has arrived. The temperature is a balmy 15 degrees C. It's finally time to put away the kids' snowpants, hats mitts and scarves. Time also to check and see if any of last years summer wardrobe will fit the kidlings. Probably not. They are getting huge. I think it's time I had a clothing upgrade as well. I may as well face it that my nearest and dearest haven't bothered to call up the folks from 'What Not to Wear' -- thanks a lot...you know who you are-- so I'm on my own. I really detest shopping for clothes. Well...that's not entirely true. On certain days when the moon is in the 4th quadrant of the sky and Mercury is in retrograde and I don't feel particularly bloated or rushed for time, I don't mind it. Otherwise, it's right up there with working backstage for 12 hour variety shows.


J has gone bouldering for the day. He's been chomping at the bit ever since the ice melted -- no more ice climbing -- and has wanted to get outside. It'll be good for him. Hope he takes some time to finish the dresser (a 'winter project') that's sitting down in the basement. Our one lowly Ikea dresser can barely hold the abundance of socks and crew shirts that are crammed in it on a daily basis. Ikea isn't really meant for heavy loads and I fear for its joints. I guess all building can wait for a bit tho.' Now's the time to get outside...enjoy the blue sky...have fun in the sun and all that.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks babe