Sunday, March 04, 2007

Short and Bitter Sweet

So I'm taking my dinner break at work. Yes, it's a Sunday. My dinner consists of 1 samosa and 2 muffins. I like it when clients leave food. When there is enough of it, I bag it and freeze it for quick on the fly snacks for staff. Two minutes in a microwave and voila! Cuisine. Today is frustrating. The client is whingy and slow. I'm not in the mood for their crap and am being a bit short. My staff is brilliant. God love em for being able to think when I can't.

Last night was supposedly 'date night.' Ahhh, the best laid plans. J and I were in tiff mode and so he basically left it up to me whether or not we were going. 'Well N, if you still want to go, we'll go. I'd like to stay home. I'm a bit tired and my feet are blistered, but if you want to go out, I'll arrange things.'
Translation? 'I didn't get a babysitter cuz I didn't know if we would be talking to each other. I went out the night before so I don't feel the urge to go out again but, I'll leave it up to you so that if we don't end up going out, you won't be able to blame me. Besides, we have beer here.'

This after a long set up for a show that eventually went into overtime (client happy, techs had no breaks

Yup. I'm still grumpy. Good thing the client deserves being bitched at. I couldn't guarantee a sweet disposition even if they were angels.

Tonight would be a good one for a couple pints chased with single malt.


No comments: