Friday, March 02, 2007

Dinner Conversation

Am, at present, waiting for dinner to arrive. It was a long work day and Lebanese delivery should hit the spot. Speakers work and sound great. Found myself in the position of holding up a 6 000 lb genie lift for a bit. Yikes. Audio patch is working (never wasn't...turns out to be a staffing problem rather than gear). I got the order ready for the local theatre company. Many pipes. A few lights. No biggie. I put a cross and stained glass gobo on the back cyc and have two church like windows crossed as back light. This is all in honour of tomorrow's gospel variety show. My arms and legs arms are feeling stiff. A good stiff.

Dinner's here!

Dinner's done. Done like dinner. Yum. I love falafel. I feel like I've just bathed in garlic. J ordered enough to feed us for the entire weekend. Our family will be stinky but happily full.

J will be climbing tonight. Kinda funny/sad but he was stood up today. He had planned on going ice climbing today. His climbing partner was to rent the gear last night and pick him up at 7am this morning. That fact that a huge winter storm was set to hit us today did not factor into his plans. His buddy 'has a big truck,' said J. Neither did it register for J that his buddy hadn't called to confirm anything. 'He'll be there,' said J. I tried to prepare him but I love his faith. Well, turns out that his buddy had an after dinner nap last night and didn't rent the gear. Ended up emailing J and cancelling (J read the email at 5am this morning...having been up since 3 out of excitement and getting packed). I woke to a grumpy J (not completely unheard of in our household). He'll go bouldering tonight. Not even close to being as satisfying but will have to do.

The blizzard ended up hitting us big time. Lot's of snow. Rough going for awhile but it's beautiful now. Fresh.

Now it's time to have a cappaccino and sit back and read. Yes, I'm spoiled.

No comments: