Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Epiphany

Something happened recently that helped to, once again, put things in perspective for me. Without going into any details, suffice it to say that once again at a time where I was becoming swamped with/at work and feeling guilt at my inability to provide enough quality time for my family, this 'something' that occured shook me out of my self absorption enough to realize a couple things:

a) I have it pretty damn good;
b) It wouldn't take much for things to change drastically and, as such, it's best to appreciate each moment as it comes to its fullest, and;
c) Sometimes, the best cure for what ails ya is a good friend and, if not readily available, a good reminder -- in this case I chose Alden Nowlan (missing you to cm)

It will be an early night tonight. Sweetest of dreams to all!

1 comment:

East to East said...

Please send Nowlan Poem as am needing moral support. I do hope you mean me... since I don't remember who else was interested in NB poets amongst the Ontari-scario contingent.
Will try to email later, as am wiped out from races and flights and trying to decide if I am comfortable deciding to be single again. Working out the lint from between my ears and still finding more lint. Wish you were here. Wish I were there. Wish I could remember which life it is I am living this week. Hope i don't bore your other readers all to pezz-brained death.
xxxxx
If Nowlan wrote a poem called Epiphany, I don't remember it.
boo hoo.