Saturday, March 11, 2006

Feeling a bit stiff

I whacked my head the other day. It was a pretty good fall. I returned from work around midnight, walked my mother-in-law to her car, reparked my car and, as I was walking back to the house, I slipped on a patch of ice. It has been very icy out back of late. So, I went ass over teakettle and the extent of my injuries are thus:
I slammed my tail bone in to the ice.
I whacked both of my wrists...causing stigmata type bleeding and some bruising as well.
I slammed the back of my head -- my glasses flew off about 4 feet
My head bounced up and I gave my self a mild? case of whiplash (the stiffness didn't appear until the end of the next day).
Overall, this was a pretty good fall. Right up there with the one that occured back in my cross country running days whereupon I slipped going down a hill, gashed open both knees, sprained one ankle, twisted the other ankle only to have my coach, who was running behind me, stomp on my right hand and kick me in the head with his cleats.

I'm much better now.

I've been thinking about my poor neglected guitar lately.

No comments: