Tuesday, September 06, 2005

New Beginnings

This morning, J woke me up with a coffee and went off to work. I got up and began readying the kids for school. The first day of school. Their first day at the new school (they won't actually start until the 14th but, they did transfer to the new building and daycare this morning). ' S' wore a purple cordoroy skirt with flowers on the pockets set off by a light pink long sleeved shirt. 'A' sported new light beige khakis and a turtleneck covered in pictures of construction trucks. Last night, I made their lunches and, this morning I put them into their lunchboxes (Dora and Spiderman) and these, in turn, were put into their knapsacks (Dora and Bob the Builder). This morning, I woke up one day older. Somehow, the kids managed to get in a couple years last night.

1 comment:

East to East said...

hey girly girl. That post is sweet (had an "awwwwww" factor).

I arrive in the valley late on Sunday night... not sure if I am staying one or two days before zooming off east. Have to see what Sue says, since she may come down with me...

can't wait to see you all. xxxxx (and I am claiming that hug!)