Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Life's Essentials

I love September. I love the crispness of the air in the mornings and evenings. I love the colours just beginning to bloom on leaves. I love being able to wear a sweater and sandals simultaneously. There is an energy that comes with September that is unlike any other time of year. This has to do, in part, with my memories of embarking on a new school year but there is more to it than that. I feel ready for anything. Bring it on. I can take it. I've shaken off the summer sluggishness and am now ready to harvest my potential. This said, I have been finding that my energies are focusing away from writing these days. Just a phase I think. When I actually sit down to do this, I have fun with it. I am, I believe, just enjoying other things more at the moment--making creative dinners, playing football with kids, dancing in the living room, remembering how to run barefoot ... life's essentials.

1 comment:

Candis said...

Hey baby, I'm just glad that you're back - for however long! I really love reading you...