Friday, August 12, 2005

Foot Fall

Have I gone too far? Have I revealed too much? I haven't meant any harm...really. It's hard for me to know what the line is cuz I end up criss crossing over it so much in my everyday. How am I to know that many people are repelled by menstrual talk or are just not interested in how my dry feet are not as scaly today. My social graces are, at times, unrefined. I should, however, remember to keep information about others to a minimum. For all the A's, S's, B's -- hell, to the entire alphabet and beyond--I promise to keep comments a wee bit more general in the future. That said and done, does anyone have advice for my poor dry scaly feet? I try to moisturize...to no avail. I've tried medicated cream...stinky but still ineffective. I'm finding that as I get older, I'm becoming more concerned with, not just my outward appearance, but with how my body actually feels. (is there any irony in the fact that just after I wrote this I went into the kitchen and cut myself a piece of banana cake for breakfast?)

So, J and I are going white water rafting this weekend. I had been very excited about this. Now, I'm not so sure. I am very keen on spending time with JO and A and their friends. It's my last full weekend of my vacation...I'll miss the kids. J is missing out on a big work weekend too. I just have mixed feelings. To be honest, I'm a bit nervous about the whole thing. I can't see that it is very dangerous but...I think I'll be happiest when I'm back at home holding the kids and thinking back on marvelous memories. J wants to take me mountain biking this weekend too...I think I will be in pain. I'm a wimp. I don't want pain. I want smooth feet.

2 comments:

Candis said...

The best trick I've found (and this was for my hands, not my feet) was to slather them in a good moisturizing lotion (Aveeno works well) and cover them with cotton gloves overnight while I slept. I'm thinking cotton socks would probably do the same...

Candis said...

And on a related note, you should really check out Avenger's blog - it seems that this (privacy, that is)is an issue that has been in many people's mind's of late...