Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Too Hot to ...

Hmmm...what did I do today? Well, the day started off with the cats meowing at my head, drooling on my pillow and being otherwise quite obnoxious. They wanted to get fed. I wanted to sleep. No detente (sp?) in sight. The alarm went off and J rolled over and began rubbing my bum. Usually a nice way to awaken but...check the forecast. It's hot. It's humid. Don't touch me. I got up and went to wake the kids. They too have that 'it's hot...go away' attitude. I bribe them with chocolate milk (for A) and fresh blueberries (S) ... they get dressed and are then plopped in front of the tele to watch Arthur while I get myself organized. Dressed and caffeinated I get the kids to brush their teeth, don some shoes and get outta the door. Into the car we then drive to daycare. Kids get dropped off. I chat a bit with other parents 'it's hot...it's Monday...it's routine' and then get back in jeep and head to work.
Work. Glorious place of air conditioning. Actually, it's really an air chiller so the humidity remains but...it's a damn cool humidity. Crew arrives after I deal with one staffer calling in with a bad back and the T&T High Commission wanting, 'if not a map...how 'bout a flag' after being informed that I may not be able to provide any image. sigh.
Sound crew goes to tear apart the booth (which is now pink...hey...they listened when I suggested the colour...no coercion involved). Another fellow (master carp) goes down to the basement to make big wood small.
Many phone calls...some internet dicking around...more phone calls...figured out a way to get the T&T the image they want...will only cost them $100...they go for it...wonder if sound techs realize that their patch bay idea will require an in and an out for each channel inorder for the compressors to work the way they want...received mail...dealt with unsatisfied tech who worked a weekend shift...knows himself to have sugar problems but blames me for his not having brought food??? I really don't know sometimes. Got through the day...only managed to spend around $500 on the company dime...supervisor may have a problem when he returns from vacation but he's the one who told me before he left that 'it's better to beg forgiveness than ask permission' ... so...i'm not asking.
Went to drugstore on way home...got condoms (in case weather breaks...isn't going to...box will remain sealed until further notice), sunscreen for kids and J (me too if I remember...I know), fruit flavoured water, foot bath stuff (my feet deserve a break today)...went home...J was in backyard with barbecue started ... bitched at J ... left kids in yard with him and went inside to clean cat box and do the breakfast dishes. J made dinner outside (not using oven is good thing)....really yummy dinner ... after which I did the dishes, cleaned up and J ran the bath for the kids (poor person's pool). I took the garbage out. J told me he was planning on going climbing. His bike is in the shop today. J is on a health/atheltic kick. More on this later I'm sure. I asked that he not just assume that I have no life of my own. He asked what I was going to do. I told him that I was going to take his sister out. I did.
Went and kidnapped her. Had a nice time...a couple pints...an iced coffee...she's going back to beijing on Sunday... Now I'm writing this as I prepare to jump in shower, pamper my feet and crash...tomorrow is another day. In my immediate future I see:
a) heat
b) questions from T & T
c) spending more company money
d) more dishes
e) more bitching
f) no sex

1 comment:

East to East said...

I had made a comment yesterday - but it didn't take.
As noted: I love the domestic details; they are humanizing and funny and true.

Keep tormenting us with real life, and don't get too hot: durex is only good to certain temperatures!