Saturday, July 16, 2005

No Apology Necessary

he she I one you me we they them her him
these are the characters. the selves. most will play multiple roles.
the I who I am on the other side of the text is tired
hot
anxious
trepidatious
nervous
in need of release.
wanting a rest
... ... ... ...
nope...nothing tonight. no pathways are presenting themselves.
want to look into art vs. deadline ... I hope that whichever is pursued is enjoyed more than disdained...that the choice made is correct ... are there really incorrect choices? another view to examine... later...
GF once told me that she writes in order to have something to read...can you tell that she isn't Canadian born? Humility takes a backseat. No apology necessary. Do you all re read your posts? Enjoy them? Wonder at them? Think about editing them but then stop cuz they exist on their own now -- separate little entities? Not quite separate...more like extensions. This, however, is leading down another path...a path that will no doubt keep me from a quiet rest.
Adieu. Goodnight.

1 comment:

Candis said...

Writing in order to have something to read. An interesting thought, and not really as immodest as I first thought when I read it here... I go in waves of re-reading, actually (and usually only edit when someone points out something really nonsensical), and I often marvel at how 'not-me' some posts read (and how I can't remember even writing some of them!)...there is a trajectory that presents itself with the blog format that's interesting to follow though - to see what site, what feeling was 'important' enough to warrant a post at what particular moment in time, to see what generated comments and what didn't, to wonder why...The deadline aspect is something else entirely. The push to post is an interesting little imp...and I never quite know if I'm writing for it or for me...