Thursday, July 14, 2005

Mirror Mirror On the Wall

I know what you are up to. If you thought you were going to get away with it, you wouldn't have left such a clearly laid out path. Yes, I realize that you were leaving hints specifically for me to follow; what I knew to be clues, others have taken to be merely decorative. You also know, however, that I am unlike the rest. Some may call me paranoid. Others might say delusional. I embrace this...my...particular form of crazy. I thank you for my ability to distinguish it from myself. You turned me. Slowly. Allowing the light to hit me at odd angles. Exposing multifaceted images that reflect and refract...conjure and conjoin. Did you know that I swallowed some? Light? I kept that from you. It's hidden inside. Deep. Untouchable. Untouched. See? Yes, I know. You can't see in the dark. You don't know where to look. But, that's ok. You can trust me. As much as I you. Did you just shiver? Fear? Anticipation? Both? Let me look at you. See you as you are. I already do. You know that. I want your consent. It's not the same if you struggle. It's not giving up. It's letting go. Release. Trust. It might hurt but, shouldn't destroy. When was the first time you allowed yourself to be held? When was the last time? These are things that though rarely mentioned, are never forgotten. Did you know that I had changed? That I am ready? Let me take over. Let me show you what I see.

No comments: