Sunday, July 31, 2005

Moving On

This is my last pre-move entry. Yesterday a lot got accomplished. The kitchen is pretty much set up and, with the help of J and our friend T, some massive gorilla gardening was done outside and voila...looks like someone lives there! The back yard here (old place) looks sad...dug up...empty. Hope the new tenant values it...won't take much to make it pretty again. So today can be a bit more relaxed. Just a couple more loads via boxes left and then we have the truck for tomorrow's larger furniture bits (still can't get over that I actually own larger furniture bits...it was bad enough realizing some years ago that I had too many knick knacks to cart along with me wherever I went. I used to think that I could pick up and move at any time. Any time, that is, until I realized that my accumlation of things had grown and, not only that, but I wouldn't feel right leaving these 'things' in storage ... I wanted them with me ... now I have actual furniture...stuff not previously found on the side of the road. Things change). Hopefully out internet will get set up without a catch and I'll be back on line on Tuesday. Until then ...

2 comments:

East to East said...

I have to do this in exactly 3 weeks time.
But I live in HKG and can pay people relatively small sums of money to help. And that is a good thing, because on spitting quadruped island, there are no cars, so we move everything by trolley. And did I mention that I am moving so the side of a MOUNTAIN! by TROLLEY!

East to East said...

PS: I miss your spotty botty too.