Monday, July 04, 2005

Drillin Pipe and Pipe'n Up

Ok...so I have 2 x's 20' sections of schedule 160 pipe and one 4' cold roll solid bar to act as a splice between the 2. Now I have to drill 4 x's 3/8" holes through the pipe and splice 8" and 16" away from each end of the splice. Sigh. I don't want to drill pipe. My crew doesn't really want to drill pipe. This is going to take too long. Sched. 160 is freakin' overkill anyway. It's my belief that our roof would cave in before our current pipe would break but, I'm not an engineer. Oh well, guess I should call the guys and get this done...maybe tomorrow. Wouldn't it be nice to have it done before the bodybuilders come in? I work in a basement. I have had very little contact with anyone from the outside world today. Guilt can still reach me though. I've just downed a can of coke and a campus news article caught my eye...apparently, we should all be boycotting coke because of horrific worker conditions in Columbia. I bet I could lose weight if I only ate non-controversial food. I wonder if anyone has tried to market that particular diet yet? I'm really not accomplishing much of anything here today.

No comments: