Friday, April 25, 2008

What Helps Make My Job Worthwhile

Me: Hi There. I'm just calling to confirm your booking time and your technical requirements for your upcoming event. We have you scheduled from 6pm to 10pm. Is this correct?

Client: Yes. That is correct. We will be there at 6pm. My wife and I will be there earlier to set up. You have risers?

Me: Yes we have risers. At what time will you and your wife be arriving?

Client: 5pm

Me: Ok. I'll change your booking time to reflect a 5pm start.

Client: That is good. We have told the musicians to arrive at 5:30pm for their sound check.

Me: Ok. How many musicians will there be?

Client: Only one. Guitar, tabla and harmonium.

Me: So there will be three performers?

Client: Yes. That is correct.

Me: Will the guitarist need a vocal mic? Will he be speaking to the audience?

Client: No. He won't be speaking to the audience. He will only say a few words before each number.

Me: Maybe we'll have a vocal mic on stand by just in case?

Client: Yes that will be good.

Me: Ok. I'll see you at 5pm on Sunday.

Client: How much earlier than that can we get into the theatre?

Me: ??

No comments: