Friday, February 29, 2008

Random Excerpts from a Morning in the Life of ...

It's cold outside and I know why. Xman is taking the kids overnight. Hell must officially be freezing over. I jest. It'll be good to have a night off. Now, I'm searching for someone to share a pint or two with. I'm working until 7:30pm ish. If I'm unsuccessful, I may just go home and do my taxes.

I have had two visits in the office this morning from staff I don't see much anymore. Both have said that I look better and more relaxed than ever. I embrace the compliments but wonder how crappy I have allowed myself to appear in the past.

A stranger is standing beside the stage. I wonder if he is considering leaping upon it to do a bit of on the spot performing -- thinking that he is completely alone and unobserved. That would be cool. Nope. He left. Stage fright I guess. I enjoy my voyeuristic vantage point a bit too much sometimes.

I have a meeting at 1pm with people from a group doing a 'fund raiser, variety, film, speaker, play, musical performance type thingie' on Easter Sunday. Here's hoping I can narrow them down a bit.

This morning I met with a fellow about the booth window. We have the funding for a new one. One that can open up completely. That will be good. Question now is how to do it. I have a feeling that the funding provided might not cover the actual costs. The way the fellow was talking I may as well have been asking for a dissolvable force field used in many an old Star Trek episode to detain prisoners. It'll be interesting to see what he can come up with.

I went down to the carp shop to see how the set build was going. The lumber is still there in neat piles wrapped in tape. The load in is on Sunday.

Tonight's concert is East Indian music. Should go seamlessly. We'll see. I'll help get the staff set up and the sound check running. Then I'll rush off to pick up the kids and bring them over to xman's and turn around and get back to the theatre.

My car is beginning to sound a wee bit like a single engine bush plane. Should I be concerned?

No comments: