Saturday, November 24, 2007

A Picture May Be Worth 1000 Words But It Won't Make Up For Lost Time

A wordy title but something I just had to get off my chest. My ex--let him from here on in be known as xman--isn't around much. He's busy. I don't mind for myself. I'm busy too. What with my job and being a single mom and all. When he does call it's beginning to feel more and more like an intrusion. Necessary because of his previous donation of sperm but still an intrusion. I wish I could understand where he's coming from but, as it has been explained to me by one of his friends no less, xman is currently existing in an alternative reality. He's living the dream. The dream in a non existant not real non place.

Yet he wants pictures of the kids. I won't begrudge him pictures. Once I can afford to get some developed I'll be sure to pass some along. These are pictures that I have taken. I've taken these pictures because I've been here. Here with the kids. Taking pictures of the kids. Along with caring for the kids, raising the kids, feeding the kids, holding the kids, talking with the kids, learning from the kids ... get the point?

I'm with the kids. During my most recent conversation with xman his response to my question 'when do you want to see the kids' was: 'I don't know. I have no idea. I'm very busy right now. With work. With trying to get my car fixed. I don't know.'

I guess I should purchase some more film.

No comments: