Sunday, December 03, 2006

Village People

There is snow on the ground and there are fresh chocolate chip cookies in the kitchen. December came in with a storm. A little icy for my liking but, the temperature dropped and the snow came so I won't complain.

The kids had 'playdates' yesterday. A 4 year old boy with his 8 year old sister came over for 3 1/2 hours. We made cookies, did art, started a band and they made a fort, railway station and played cars upstairs. No casualties and only a couple tears shed. A success.

I chaired the annual AGM for the kids' daycare the other day. A bit nerve wracking since I have never done this before and I was asked to do this the night before. It went well. I'll be on the board next year as well. I hope to do my bit and try to get more support for not for profit day care centres. It really does take a village to raise children. We are all responsible and should begin taking our responsibilities seriously. Our new mayor was quoted saying that it wasn't his problem that people have children and don't know what to do with them. Looks like there will be a lot of work needed to be done.

Today is dance class for the kids. They have fun. I enjoy having a mandatory coffee break while they are dancing. Funny how it only takes a few weeks for a tradition to be created. I am a fan of tradition. 'Fiddler on the Roof' is a favourite of mine. It's set in a village.

No comments: