Monday, May 29, 2006

Odds & Sods

Could my feet be allergic to outside? It's sad really. Anytime I go outside barefoot my feet get itchy. Does that mean I'll don appropriate footware? No. I like being barefoot too much. I'll just settle for itchy feet. Speaking of itch...the mosquitos are horrible so far this year. The bites don't just itch either. The area around where I've been bitten is also sore. Another sign of a future pandemic I suppose. Had a day off. Enjoying it. Well...except that I had to bring my car in for an oil change and am facing a bill of at least $1500. Seems everything is leaking...and it has loose ball joints. Me and my car are one. The impending loss of cash is one thing...worse yet is that they sent me home in a minivan. It's a tank. It's huge. It's horrible. Ok...roomy on the inside and, on a day like this, it's nice to have working air conditioning but...it has zero pick up...doesn't corner well...sightlines suck....overall, I give it a blech. I think I offended the poor dude who handed it over to me. He was proud and thinking he was giving me a treat. At least he jigged the numbers on how much gas was in the tank so I shouldn't have to add any more to it before it's returned. I then took the kids to the eye doctor. J is working so both had to come for S's appointment. Good news...her eye is improving. First time ever we got in and out right away too...probably because I brought 'the boy.' I should remember that. I then dragged the kids to a bookstore looking for Richards...or Hospital. The eyes of the woman working there lit up when I mentioned these two authors...she was out but...suggested The Hatbox Letters by Beth Powning and, Three Day Road by Joseph Boyden. Looking forward to them. My house is clean...the laundry is up to date...no forseeable rush tonight. Can't find a sitter (ok..didn't really look all that hard) so will have to miss the daycare board meeting. I feel a bit bad but...I do believe that I'll get over it. Worked a show on Sunday...had a sick tech. Went well. I've still 'got it.' The garden is planted. Beans, carrots, beets (seriously), cucumbers, and tomatoes. Neighbours weren't around when I planted...well, the kids were...and they all helped. I also planted herbs beside my door. Oregano, chives, basil, parsley, lavender and tarragon. I'm pretty much set for June.

No comments: