Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Quick and Easy

Take chicken pieces (thighs, legs, breasts...whatever) and put in a cassarole dish. Mix together some fish sauce, lemon grass and thai chili paste. Pour over chicken. Shave over top about a half a brick of creamed coconut. Put on lid. Put in oven at 350 for about an hour to hour 1/2 stirring about half way through. Enjoy over rice with veggies.

I should have taken the quick and easy route today. Cables and their myriad connectors/adapters will see the death of me or, at the very least, see the synapses of my brain finally overload. Finally figured it out though...with a whole lot fewer adapters then I first planned for. I'm replacing video lines from a stage camera to dressing room monitors. The camera and monitors are now colour. A good thing.

Fixing up the coming events page for the theatre. Along with the usual variety show gak we are getting A Midsummer Night's Dream, Romeo & Juliet, Grease and Hamlet. Kinda beginning to sound a bit like Shaw eh?
Ahhh Shawks! (sorry...near to the end of a work day and couldn't resist).

I won a coat. I actually entered a 'come to this website and click here to win' and saw that one of the contests featured coats. 'I could use a coat,' said I. And Voila! A genuine Canada-Goose 3/4 length parka is being sent my way. Seeing as my present winter coat is actually a fleece with an outside shell and the zipper is broken, this news really couldn't come at a better time. I think, however, that I have become so accustomed to my shoddy winter attire that I might find myself sweating profusely before this winter ends. There are worse things I suppose.

I'm really not in the mood to be defending my Dominion at the moment. Does that make me a traitor? The very thought of building ports and adding more ships to a delicate environment makes me kinda ill. But, I guess if we are all so hellbent on melting the ice cap we may as well suffer our slings and arrows of outrageous fortune all around. Any wonder why I like theatre? Just wish more stories were actually entertaining.

No comments: