Saturday, August 20, 2005

Smile...someone loves you

My return to work went relatively smooth. I highly recommend to all that when they return to work after holidays that they do their best to come back on a Thursday or Friday rather than Monday. I did a work related course (safety) on Thursday morning then went home to nap. On Friday was the body builder set up and catch up with my lovely staff who were happy to exclaim 'the bitch is back.' It's nice to inspire people to sing Elton John. I went in this morning to make sure the event would go off as smooth as possible and voila! I got home before noon and am not scheduled back until Tuesday. Last night J actually surprised me by getting his mom to come by to look after the kids and their dinner and he took me out. It was very very nice. We walked to an Indian restaurant that was serving a small buffet (all you can eat) ... the food was excellent. Pakoras that melted in the mouth, butter chicken moist and tender, na'an bread perfectly done. We stuffed ourselves royally and, best yet, giggled non stop. I noted to J that when we were rafting he had a smile pasted to his face...damn he was good looking. Funny that I hadn't realized how little he had been smiling of late. I really should pay more attention. It's too easy to get caught up in my self and own concerns. Easier still to create a barrier between myself and such events as bombings, floods, gaza, senseless deaths, senseless hunger, senseless despair ... why is it that I try to make sense of things so obviously senseless? (side note/non sequitor: the kids are presently pretending that they are cats...they are crawling around upstairs and meowing to each other...).

1 comment:

East to East said...

that is a nice one.
my brain is exploding.
fighting new battle of sexism at office. fingers crossed that i win this time. hate the fucking patriarchy and all its insidious (read: subconcious) double standards. will whinge later at greater length