Thursday, August 25, 2005

I need a frequency boost

My graphic eq that was sent away pre vacation ... again ... came back yesterday. Tested it this morning. Still doesn't work. Still fucked. Same thing as always. The dudes who check it send it back to me saying there is nothing wrong. I plug it in and I lose 3db right away when I engage the +12 boost. Then, the thing fails to boost properly yet seems to do a half decent job of cutting. I was told that it might be the switch but, both channels react in the same way. So, it looks like I have a site specific intermittent problem that happens to two separate channels at the same time simultaneously and coincidentally. That or, the dudes don't know what the hell they are doing. Sigh. Now I gotta find me some more dudes.

Been thinking about the differences between managers and leaders and what would be better...a manager who can lead? or, a leader who can manage?

Been thinking about the local football team's promotion...mardi gras nights. Basically, dudes get a string of beads and choose a gal to hand them to. Gals win prizes when they collect the most beads. Some city councillors have complained about the overt sexist display. Some councillors have said 'chill out.' Local morning radio is chock full of false dude laughter over stupid, pointless, sexist, racist, otherwise discriminatory garbage. CBC is still on strike. My defences are high. I sense a war coming. My boss thinks the war will come between the city folk and the rural folk. I'm not so sure. Especially when I told him that I was pissed off about the eq situation and that it was a part of a chain of similar scenerios and his response was 'well, it's not because you are a woman if that's what you are thinking.' No, I thought. It's because the main eq fixing dude is a sometimes functioning/sometimes not alcoholic that, like many other dudes out there, seems to think that it's ok to do half ass work and wallow in past hurts and injustices. It's cuz I come from an lx rather than audio background. It's cuz I was a performer before going backstage. It's cuz the needs of this place aren't high on dudes list of important things. It's cuz dude feels the need to bullshit and belittle rather than admit that there might possibly be a problem out there that he can't fix. It's cuz dude isn't a woman in the first place. So there! (put in picture here of me sticking out my tongue)

1 comment:

Labris said...

Right on!