Saturday, July 23, 2005

Up Down Up Down Up

Ahhh...the T&T event went very well. Put in an 11 hour day with only one break for a coffee...am not hungry...feel really good actually. Nice people...wonderful musicians...good all around. I went home to make up some salads...potato, macaroni and a new rice one* ...for tomorrow. I'm having a barbecue for the people I work with. They are a great crew. Hope most of them can make it. My moods have been all over the place. I am up then down...quick to anger then quick to calm down. Maybe the lack of food could have something to do with it? 3 more work days until vacation. I'm really looking forward to it. We're moving on August 1st and then, hopefully, going camping on the 4th. I am really craving solid family time...no distractions.

* example of weird moods/temper is linked to the rice salad. J had asked his mom, sister and nephew over for dinner tonight...I wouldn't be there but, he said he could handle it. He put chicken on the grill and rice on the coleman stove at his side. When his family arrived, they stayed in the house. He poked his head in and they asked 'what's for dinner?' He said chicken. To him, they didn't seem impressed. He took out some money and sent his sister out to pick up hamburgers and a salad. When I got home and he told me this I freaked. I couldn't believe that he had made up 10 pieces of yummy chicken and an entire pot of rice that was ignored. He told me not to but I did anyway. I called his mother. Her first response was 'I'll pay for the chicken.' Hmmm...so not the point but telling no? I told her that my largest concern was that there was a huge lack of communication going on (apparently they didn't know that the chicken was for them? even though J told them that it was? I get confused)...I really don't think I accomplished much from calling...overreaction on my part...but I was really pissed off...but then...the pissy mood subsided...I went on line and searched for rice/salad recipes ... found one that uses dijon, parsley, peanuts and curry...turned out really yummy.

I think I need some quality sleep. Not too humid tonight. Get ready for tomorrow. It's been a really really long week. I wonder if I have enough money kicking around to get a bottle of gin? I think an afternoon of G&T's is in order.

No comments: