Saturday, February 23, 2008

Ya I Was Drunk

It's totally time for me to be up for another nomination for mother of the year. It's a Saturday night at 8:20pm and I'm 3 or 4 sheets to the freaking wind. I just played a game of chess with the wee ones (I won but really...I'm not that drunk) and have put the kidlings to bed. For some reason I decided to have a glass of red wine with dinner. I haven't eaten anything else all day -- no reason, just not in the mood -- and I opened a bottle from my mom's shop. It was only a 1/2 litre but right after dinner my brother called and started speaking 'physics' to me. Really, do you blame me for opening another bottle as he discussed in detail the strategic quantum idiosyncratic something or another that has to do with neutrons but ends up spelling the word 'squid'? A true acronym.
So the kids are in bed now. I'm glad I learned to touch type. Grade 10 with Mrs. Robbins wasn't a complete loss. They are listening to a recording entitled 'Live Tracings/Empreinte Vivante' that a buddy and I made years ago. We got it into our heads to record the concerts of the UofO music department and create, market and sell a cd. It was a success. We got the visual arts folks in the building next door to create the name/cover for our work. Too bad the administration decided that this project would only be a one year event. M & I both received an A+ for our work along with a nice 'thanks but no thanks' letter. I am sooooooo missing stuff like that right now.
So my brother is coming into town briefly tomorrow. The kidlings and I will take him out for lunch before he is headed off to Chalk River to play at the nuclear power plant. (just a note...I'm making typos left, right and centre but am correcting as I go...I have a feeling that since I am actually drunk as I type this that I will have fewer actual errors when I publish it because of my self consciousness...let this be a lesson to corporate execs world wild...let your people drink! You'll end up with far fewer errors. Anyone who has had a mom will respond well to guilt).
Damn. There's a scratch in the disc. I wonder if my mom kept a copy?
I have done nothing today. I attempted to clean the living room. I ended up taking the kids for a long walk/run (ie. I walked and they ran). I tried to call a friend who I have considered my brother since I met him over 15 years ago and haven't been able to communicate with for over 3 years since his wife decided to hate me...honestly I really have no idea).
I guess, in essence, I am grasping at proverbial straws. While I long for comfort and complacency, this is not -- obviously--to be the case.

No comments: