Thursday, October 04, 2007

Obsessively Compulsive

Obsessions have been keeping me away. Not serious ones. Little ones. Obsessions that creep into my daily life and have prevented me from writing. President's Choice spinach dip is one. I couldn't get enough of it for a while. That and greek-styled pita bread. I'm over that one after having smelled it one day and being left with the faintest yet still detectable hint of nausea. I had, I fear, over indulged. Another obession? Making sure that there is a bountiful supply of fresh fruit in the house. It is fall harvest time and I am trying to make the most of it. Keeping up with fall television programming is yet another endeavor. I love pretty much all that showcase has to offer. The rest is well...shit. Not all of it but, I think my addiction to the tele has also seen its day. The Bionic Woman is a remake of La Femme Nikita but more 'techno.' Boston Legal has forgotten why it worked in the first place -- that the characters had some depth. The rest is dreck. I'll watch it. But its dreck.

I am grooving off of Aikido. It's starting to make sense. The instructor's approach to teaching works for me. Bits and pieces of a whole are offered up each week. I come home after practicing a new technique a hundred times or so. I'm a bit battered and bruised in that 'oh so good I used and abused my body and could take it' way. Slowly the different techniques are beginning to make sense as parts of a greater whole. The teaching approach is spherical rather than linear. Plural rather than singular. Repetition appeals to me right now. I'm beginning to know and experience my body in new ways. I actually feel more connected than I have ever been. Strange.

Little tasks make up my work day. Daily chores make up my home life. Things are getting done. Life is continuing.

No comments: