Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Happy Easter!

Just dropped the kids off at school. It's a rainy day. Looks like it will be a rainy week. Huge globby drops are falling out of the sky. Wondrous.

I managed to add more black earth and sheep dung onto my garden yesterday. The rain will work it in well and I'll be all set to plant next week. I'm going to plant the usual -- beans, beets, carrots and cucumbers. As well, I have decided to try peppers and a new concoction called red berry spinach. It claims to have yummy red berries and spinach all in one. A genetic mutation to be sure but what the heck, I've always fancied an extra eye.

I also planted more herbs around my back door. I love stepping outside to grab a few leaves for whatever culinary wonder is on the menu for the day. The kids tend to graze on them as well.

Have I ever mentioned that my kids crave fruit, veggies and fresh herbs? Candy is ok but apparently they have been known to squeal with delight when they open their lunches at school and find sliced cucumber or baby tomatoes. I really can't believe how quickly they are growing.

I am taking my Easter Holiday today. To celebrate, I think I will clean out the basement, make a good dinner (one that takes more then 15min prep time), and finish off a book and start another. It's not a hectic to do list at all. Perfect for a holiday.

No comments: