Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Getting Older

My children are now 5 years old! I'm amazed. They are wonderful, outspoken, intelligent, kind, a bit weird and fascinating people who challenge and are challenged by the world each day. It's a true pleasure to be a part of their world and I am humbled by the realization that they are an integral part of my life.

I am now back to work after a wonderful holiday. Work is slow. This suits me fine. It'll soon turn the corner and be crazy busy again.

I have a pain in my neck. Just before Christmas I slept funny (S had a nightmare and came to snuggle). The kink progressed until I couldn't really move it without painful effort. I finally called for a physio appointment. They can see me tomorrow. My neck is also finally starting to feel better. It's still rather stiff and a bit sore though so I'd like to make sure that I didn't damage it in anyway. Screw plastic surgery! Age spots and wrinkles don't suck. Sore joints do!!

On the kids' birthday I realized something. Not only do I have my own birthdays to help keep track of my ticking mortality clock. I have these two gaffers as well. Their birthdays seem to come around more often then mine as well. Funny how life works sometimes.

Time to sit back and whinge about my neck (same thing as taking time to smell the roses you know...)

No comments: