Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Catching Up. Visually

Here is A. He was told to wait patiently while his daddy and I talked afterwhich his daddy would take him to Home Depot. After a bit of grown-up talking, we looked up and saw A sitting like this. Quiet. Sincere. Just waiting. Nearly broke my heart.




These are the wee ones on their first day of senior kindergarten. No, the flower isn't coming out of his head. It was our attempt at growing giant sunflowers. Turns out that they don't grow all that large without a lot of sun. And water. Who'd a thunk it?





This is the first day of Ukrainian Dance class.






This is my Girl!






Jungle Gym

Daddy's Girl




Here's S with her hat which came all the way from Nepal on the shoulders of a crazed woman.











Halloween. The moon and a star.





Dude

She Loves the Snow Too!


Today We are 5!




So this has been my life for the past few months. My real life. Whenever I start to wonder where the creativity is going in the world, and whether or not their is hope for the future, I am heartened by these two folk who honour me daily by sharing their secrets, showing me their treasures, telling me stories, making me pieces of art and, most of all, by allowing me to be their mom.

No comments: