Saturday, June 03, 2006

With Silver Bells & Cockle Shells

It's raining again. I'm not complaining. I'm singing. My garden is coming up very well. I put in some bamboo poles to support the beans as they are already 4" high! J came home with lumber. He's building himself a work bench so that he can build the shelves and laundry sorting table I want. He has already built me shelves without the work bench but, this bench will make everything easier for him he says. Ok. I still haven't been able to find homes for my books since moving here. As well, it's a pain not to be able to fold laundry as it comes out of the dryer. The kids need new beds too. J has bunk bed plans. I'm not certain about that. I wonder if we'd be better off just purchasing a set. Then again, if J made them, they'd be sure to last. I guess it depends on how much spare time he has this summer. I've started and stopped and started and stopped a letter to a friend. Even though I'm typing, not writing -- my handwriting sucks...really--it's hard to get into a letter writing groove. Maybe I should just put pen to paper and let her decipher the scrawl. It is strange having a long distance relationship. So much of what I want to say is caught up in moments--once passed, gone--and what I miss most just can't transfer over the telephone. But, really, we've always been able to live separate lives and remain close. This has probably been one of the reasons that we have been able to remain as close as we are. That and well...she's got a groovy bod eh? Like...she's hot. (hee hee...well come on...it's not like anyone actually reads this) So I clocked in 37 hours of overtime in May. Car repairs are paid for! Kids, however, have been missing me. And, I've been missing them. This month I've vowed no overtime. Unfortunately, I still have to work every weekend until July but, those shifts are shorter (usually 4 hours or less) so there is still plenty of playtime left in the day. J is picking up a lot of shifts...the union thing is working well for him. This means that we are finally starting to come out of financial panic land and can start saving up for things like...a new car...a house...vacations that don't involve driving to visit my parents...etc. etc. etc. Oh. I have another pet peeve. Strong victims. People who really shouldn't be victims but seem to purposefully put themselves 'out there' as such and, instead of standing up for themselves then and there (and really, they are strong enough to do so), choose instead to fall back into victim response mode and whinge afterwards about how horrible the situation was and how hard done by they were by ... the system...the corporation...the man...the ideology...the WHATEVER. Geesh. Stand up at the time or don't bother. I just feel like slapping them. I mean...have some agency eh? Thankfully, I'm not seeing as much of this anymore (could it be that the it's cuz the main school year is over and most of the whingers have left campus to pursue summer jobs where they will, no doubt be shat upon by someone thus justifying to themselves their propensity to cry foul when really it's them that have fouled up cuz they haven't bothered to actually step up to the plate). Thus endeth my rant.

No comments: