Saturday, April 22, 2006

The Real Poop

I couldn't even dream about posting today without talking about poop. Things happen in 3's and shit talk on the blog is no exception. The family and I got some bags of cow manure -- it now comes in unscented varieties! -- and I spread it over the back garden. I'm loving this garden. The earth is filled with worms. Even though it's still too early to plant, I love just being in the dirt. When I first started digging, the neighbours came out and started to help. Yay I thought. We'll have a communal garden. Crap, I thought. We'll have a communal garden. I like my neighbours. Working together is fine. But...well...it's my garden. I'm a competitive, territorial bitch when it comes down to it. I didn't let any of this animosity show, however. As I said, I kinda like the idea of everyone working together. As well, it seemed that they were really enjoying themselves too. To be perfectly honest, so was I. Today was the perfect day to spread the manure however. It was raining. No one came to help. I dug in perfect harmony with my surroundings. I know that one day, I'll have to share. Just not today. Today, it was just me, my garden and a couple bags of poop.

No comments: