Sunday, October 30, 2005

A Stitch in Time

Yup. I'm feeling pretty gosh darned good about myself today. First and foremost? It's the best day of the year. The day not yet ripped away from us by our sometimes not too neighbourly neighbours down south. It's the day that our hour is returned. Standard time. The time when one can wake up feeling rested and not late. It's a personal tradition that I wait for as long as possible to change the clocks at home so that I have a continual reminder of this timely bonus. In years past, I've actually waited a week to change the clocks. Try it sometime. It's fun.
I have other reasons to feel good today. The sun is shining. The fall leaves are brilliant. I figured out how to make a tutu for my daughter's Halloween costume (yup. she wants to be a ballerina). My son will be Bob the Builder. J and he will go out later this morning in search of some overalls and a plaid shirt. I have to work a couple hours this afternoon but, afterwards, there will be pumpkin carving and last minute costume prep in order to get ready for tomorrow. The kids will be wearing their costumes for the entire day. I think that I may be just as (or even a bit more) excited about this then they are. Well, I'd best get off this machine and indulge in some more real life. No rush however. I've got all the time in the world!

No comments: